The Next Generation at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Next Generation at Hogwarts

When Harry and Ginny's kids go to school...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dining Hall

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I entered, feeling everyone's eyes on me and the rest of the first years. Then everybody looked at a hat that was sitting on a stool. I stared too, and the hat began to sing a song about Hogwarts and the houses.

ooc: Sorry I'm too lazy to make up a song :]
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 am

I sat at the Gryffindor table and watched, smiling at Lily and Hugo to let them know it was gonna be ok, and whatever house they were in it didn't matter.
Back to top Go down
https://hpnextgeneration.rpg-board.net
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:41 pm

I smiled back at Rose.
When the song ended, the Headmistress stepped foward with a piece of parchment. She began reading off names.
"Abbott, Lucy!"
The girl came up and sat on the chair. There was a huge cheer from the table on the right as the hat roared its decision:
"HUFFLEPUFF!"
"Bones, Misha!"
"HUFFLEPUFF!"
... "Malfoy, Scorpius!"
"Hey, that's that kid Uncle Harry was talking about!" exclaimed Hugo.
"SLYTHERIN!"
... "Potter, Lily!"
"Wish me luck!" I said nervously. I made my way carefully up towards the hat.

ooc: this post took lots of looks back at the first book.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:48 pm

I felt all the eyes on me, and some whispers, too. I sat on the stool and somewhat hesitantly put the hat on my head.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:27 pm

"Hmmm..." the hat said in my head. "You would be good in Ravenclaw... considerable amount of intelligence... but I can tell that you're also very brave... well, I'll take a chance- it'd better be..." I held my breath, "GRYFFINDOR!"
I practically cheered. I heard the whole Gryffindor table cheering for me, and I walked steadily towards the table. I sat down next to Rose and grinned at her, ear to ear.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 pm

I grinned back.

"I knew you'd be a gryffindor! But even if you hadn't it wouldn't matter."
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:34 pm

"Yeah... remember when it was your first year, and Uncle Ron said to you, 'We'll disown you if you're not a Gryffindor?' You were like--" I made a frightened face-- "and I was like-- oh wait! It's Hugo's turn!"
I turned quickly as Professor McGonagall called out, "Weasley, Hugo!"
Hugo sat on the stool, holding the hat. I caught his eye and gave him a grin. He stuffed the hat on his head and it yelled, "GRYFFINDOR!"
Hugo came rushing towards us and slid into the seat next to me. He was smiling ecstatically.
"Well, that certainly took less time than mine did," I said dryly.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 pm

I grinned at both of them.

"Congratulations, guys. And yes, I do remember. I didn't beleive him for one second- I knew mom wouldn't allow it!"
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 pm

I ran in.

"Rats, late again!"I said exasperated at myself and snuck over to the Slytherin table, sitting down.

I walked in and quickly and sat down without anyone noticing me.
Back to top Go down
Christopher

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:41 pm

I snuck to the slytherin table.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

When McGonagall was finished with the first years, I was the only one left, and most people hadn't noticed me. McGonagall cleared her throat and everyone because silent.
"We have the honor," she said, "of having a transfer student come, of which we have never had, I believe." She looked towards the staff table, the teachers there nodded. "She is from the Salem Witch Academy and her name is Molly Metly. She will be joining the second years." She nodded to me, and I clambered up to the stool.
Back to top Go down
Christopher

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 pm

I watch with a bored expression.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:44 pm

"Hey, that's the girl we bumped into before!" I whispered to Rose and Hugo.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:45 pm

"Yeah! I wonder what house she'll be in..."
I watched.

I sat there, bored.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:49 pm

"Probably Hufflepuff," I said.

I put the hat on my head. It considered Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor: in short, all of the houses. It took quite a while till it finally decided: "GRYFFINDOR!"
The clapping from the Gryffindor table was hesitant at first and then it became stronger. I blushed and hurried down to the table.
Back to top Go down
Christopher

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:52 pm

"Hey, that's Metly's kid.."

OOC:Typo

Last edited by Christopher on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:52 pm

I clapped as the hat yelled "GRYFFINDOR!" I smiled at the new girl.
I grinned at the girl who had just been sorted. She would be in my year!

I sighed. We needed more slytherins.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:55 pm

McGonagall talked for a little bit about the rules and then food appeared on our plates. I dug in quickly.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:55 pm

"Oooh, this looks delicious!" I said. "Rose, pass the roast chicken, please?"
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm

I started eating.
I ate the food, glad that the boring talking was over.
I passed the chicken, grinning, and then took a sip of pumpkin juice.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:59 pm

I took a generous piece of chicken and started stuffing it in my mouth. "Mmm, thos ees gord," I said with my mouth full.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:02 pm

"Hah. You remind me of my dad." I said, laughing.
I took a sip of pumpkin juice.

I ate a bit, then looked over at my cousin Scorpius. I hoped he hadn't noticed me; he could be real annoying.
Back to top Go down
Christopher

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:02 pm

I start eating.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix
Admin
Bellatrix

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:14 pm

I finished eating.

I looked over at Lily and Hugo.

I finished eating and yawned.
Back to top Go down
Elwyse

Elwyse

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 pm

McGonagall stood up and announced, "Prefects, please lead the students to the common rooms."
I followed the prefect up to the common room, yawning.

ooc: to the Gryffindor Common Room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dining Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dining Hall   The Dining Hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dining Hall
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Next Generation at Hogwarts :: Hogwarts :: Dining Hall-
Jump to: